Monday, January 15, 2007

And it's....GO!!!!!

OK, As my dearest blogfriend Cat has mentioned, I have been accepted for training at RCMP "Depot" Division, Regina. I only got 3 weeks notice for my start date, so I am really tight for time, hence why I haven't updated my blog since I got the news.

Long story short: the best day of my life (so far!). Now pack and clean, and hurry up!

I did my fitness test again (The dreaded and fearsome PARE test) and I nailed the thing. I slowed down 7 seconds from last year's test, but I wasn't pushing because I am still a little sick with some kind of chest crap. Hall's extra strength got me through. I can tell you that all the running and stairs I have been doing has paid off. I felt way better after the test than I ever have before in any of the 4 times I have run the PARE, partly due to familiarity, but mostly due to training. If you are getting ready for a PARE, run stairs. a lot. Then have a stair sandwich for supper. And then have more stairs for desert. You'll thank me for this advice, trust me.

Now what? Pack and clean my apartment, and get all my stuff into storage. Next Thursday I go to Edmonton for enrolment, Friday I leave and drive half way, Saturday I arrived in Regina, Sunday I start training. Holy SHIT! That is not a lot of time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment