Friday, June 02, 2006

More details

OK, so here's the 411.

I have been offered conditional acceptance into the Cadet training program at "Depot" division, Regina. What this means is that they still haven't done the medical, dental or psych screening yet, and they haven't done my background or security field investigations either. Those all have to come back with the ol' green light before I actually get a final acceptance letter. But that is all a slam dunk. So for all intents and purposes, I'm in.

My letter says that I am able to anticipate leaving for Regina by the end of Fall '06. exact date to be determined by how long it takes to get everything all done.

Here's how my week went... Monday I picked up the final letter from my optometrist saying that all was well with my eye. I faxed it down to Staffing Branch in Calgary Tuesday morning, and then at yesterday, I got my letter, dated tuesday, offering me conditional acceptance... with a form to sign and return if I wanted to accept. Xpress posted that yesterday afternoon, delivered this morning. So, my file goes to the municipal detachment of the RCMP next, where a Constable will be assigned to get the dirt on my sordid past (snicker! the polygraph interviewer told me I needed to get out more! There is no dirt to be had!)

until that is done, I will be busy scheduling the medical part of things, and starting to investigate all the options for a mini-storage place, for all my stuff while I'm in Regina, and of course shopping for cool duty gear. The guy who dies with the most stuff on his Sam Browne wins! I am in the market for a bunch of stuff like cut resistant search gloves, fancy nightstick holsters, the latest handcuff pouches, all that good stuff!! I am such a gear whore!

2 Comments:

At 2/6/06 19:57, Blogger sassymonkey said...

What is it with people I know going to Sask???

But again, yay for you!

How's your mom dealing with this bit of news?

 
At 2/6/06 23:52, Blogger Kyle said...

My mother is freaking out. She thought that the Cop in the family stage was over, my Dad was retired, that's it, relax. She is still pissed at me for applying, even though she only allows it to come to the surface occasionally.

My Dad, on the other hand, is really proud, but also very surprised at how fast this happened.

 

Post a Comment