Monday, January 22, 2007

4 days to go!

I just woke up a few short moments ago. The holy and sacred giver of mental function coffee is still brewing, but I thought I'd share this.

I dreamed about being in Depot last night. Having the uniform on and being a cadet. I don't remember what I was doing, but I was there. In real life, I will be there in a matter of days! I leave Friday, stay with a buddy half way, and arrive Saturday. As in this week. Holy Scheisse!

I spent a lot of time last night reading other people's blogs of their time in Depot, and it seems like a great way to chronicle your time there. You are only there once, so make the most of it right? One of the things that I did find yesterday was this: Ironcops for Cancer Canadian Police officers who raise money for cancer research by racing in Ironman Canada. Guess what, I found how I'm going to do my (first) Ironman in 2010! Both my girlfriend and I have family members who have been affected by cancer, so it makes perfect sense. The Ironcops effort has raised over $2 000 000 so far, and I plan to add to the total: My girlfriend hates my mustache. I like my mustache. For $10000, she can shave it off.

Speaking of Triathlons, I'm actually going to Edmonton this morning to get fitted for my new-to-me racing bike... Pictures will be up this evening, I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment