Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Run!

I ran today, inside at the gym. I did 8km total, but I checked some benchmarks as I passed them...
1 1/2 miles 11:30
5 km 24:30
8 km 41:23

If I had kept up my current pace I was holding at the end, I would have finished a 10 km run in about 50 minutes. My previous personal best on a 10k is 54 minutes flat. I really didn't want to go any further - I had only planned an 8k and my heart rate was faster than what it should be for proper training. (I saw 208 bpm at one point. I haven't checked my telemetry to see if it was any higher. My highest ever recorded max was 215 bpm, so I'm way up there. Hell for that matter, my lowest ever resting heart rate was 33. One beat every 2 seconds. That's in the olympic athlete level of resting heart rates - I have a pretty amazing heart. It's funny to watch the expressions on some peoples faces when they take my pulse!)

I'm pretty confident that I will be able to handle whatever running they throw at us in Regina. it's a long ways from where I was 2 years ago when I started getting in shape. I hated running and I sucked to be honest. I think my first time out trying it I managed to get in about 18 minutes and then I just HAD TO STOP! Now I'm thinking about a half marathon this year and a full marathon next year. I am starting into triathlon with dreams of finishing an Ironman - 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run. In 12 hours or less is my goal!


Next goal: strength training.

1 Comments:

At 21/1/07 09:27, Blogger cat said...

If you ever turn into a Gingerbread Man I am sure they will NEVER catch you!! :)

 

Post a Comment