Friday, March 25, 2005

ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!!!!

GENERAL QUARTERS, GENERAL QUARTERS; ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!!!!

Ahoy.... er, I mean, hello, again. I am about to become an uncle. Yes, I know, I've said that before. But I am now about to become an uncle right away!!! My sister is entering her 38th week, and is aparantly already 2cm dialated... I am figuratively and literally sitting by my phone right now, waiting for the call that the kid is coming. In the literal sense, because it's a cell phone and is attached to my belt, right here on my side. The doc thinks there is a very good chance that we will be having the old easter egg hunt at the hospital in Edmonton!

Which reminds me why I was inspired to the "Battlestations" thing... well, it's my sister's kid, and being as she is my sister, she deserves the very best in mischief and mayhem that I can possibly provide... All hands on deck and arm yourselves with timbits, drum sets, capguns and and bow and arrow sets! Any other similar evil uncle gifts for the kid which may be useful in inspiring the lil' monster to make noise, be hyperactive, and make rude noises at the dinner table are specifically encouraged!

As a primer, I gave the unborn little creature presents at Christmas - Finger paints and permanent markers!!

I am going to have so much fun with this kid!! I can't wait to babysit!

2 Comments:

At 27/3/05 17:02, Blogger sassymonkey said...

You're alive! I was starting to wonder if you had been stolen away by aliens and returned to your home planet...

 
At 27/3/05 20:49, Blogger Kyle said...

Actually, I'm here on your planet because I got kicked off my home world. They said I was too wierd for them.

Actually, I wasn't in the mood for blogging lately, I prefered to be alone in my contemplation. I think I'll stay back for a while.

 

Post a Comment