Saturday, October 15, 2005

Getting it done!

OK.... things are looking better! I have my first aid ticket in hand, I have my medical clearance for the PARE and I am looking like things are coming together now!

I ran last night, didn't do any strength training though. I pounded out 5 miles in 45 minutes flat! That is an average of 9 minutes per mile, and to think that when I started working out in February, I couldn't even hit a 9 minute mile! I think that 45:00 is even better than the benchmark once you are in training, too... Not bad! I have to get myself a time on a 3 mile run and see where that comes in. I am having trouble with the mile and a half run though (what is called the Cooper Run at Depot Division) I can't get much below 12:00, and the benchmark is 10:40. That is a lot of time to shave off. I can hit the par time per lap and keep it up for about 5 laps, but the full run would be 8 laps. got to keep working on that one.

I have my PARE test on Wednesday afternoon.

This is what I have to look forward to:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Run six laps of that, then 70 pounds on the push/pull station, all in 4:45 (my personal goal is 3:45); wait one minute for the heart to catch up, then untimed 80 lbs deadweight carry. I am not too panicked, I did it in 4:09 unofficially last month. My trainer has got me in pretty good shape!

2 Comments:

At 16/10/05 13:31, Blogger cat said...

all this so you can stand around at functions and look pretty in red? :P

i don't envy you the PARE test. nope. I can do like .10 of a mile in 20 mins. ha! on a treadmill... sigh.

I want McDonald's...

 
At 16/10/05 18:39, Blogger Kyle said...

What can I say? Red suits me!! :P

 

Post a Comment