Friday, February 18, 2005

Nasty, nasty stuff at the gym

I'm all for freedom of expression. I understand that when someone invests the time and effort to get ripped, they want to show off: They are (quite justifiably) proud of their accomplishments. But there should be a licensing board in order to wear cropped belly shirts. Mandatory six-pack or something. I almost dropped the weights when I saw a woman walk into the weight room with a belly shirt on - she had to be pushing 60, and there were visible rolls of flab hanging down below the bottom of her shirt, covering the waistband of her stretch pants. There is just no need for that! Owww my eyes!

The other thing that I just have to shake my head at about my gym: It's a city owned multi use recreation facility. There are ice rinks, indoor soccer pitches, a gymnastics club, a wave pool, two weight rooms and an indoor running track etc. It's like a fitness mall. With a food court. That sells healthy stuff like French fries (Healthy food selection!!) that reek of grease which hasn't been heated up hot enough so the fries have got to be soggy as a newspaper on the bottom of a swimming pool. I could smell them the whole time I was running today, and I just barely avoided a bad case of dry heaves every time I got to that part of the track. **retch** Just what I need when I'm trying to get in shape!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment