Sunday, January 15, 2006

That messed me up!!

Well the good news is I can once again be in a fully lit room without wincing in pain.

I couldn't do that for most of yesterday or Friday night. I had a "Dialated Assesment" for my eye surgery on Friday after work. The optometrist I go to in town put a set of eye drops in that anesthetized my eyes and then dialated my pupils completely so he could take a look at the full surface of my retina. Results: 100% good to go! So now I wait for the surgeon (Gimbel Eye Clinic Calgary) to call me this week to make the appointments - which will hopefully be in late February or early March.

More good news - I was at the gym today and did both cardio and weights! That's first time I have done both since I recovered from my lung inflammation. I ran last week for half an hour - just a light run since I haven't done any real running since November and I did some weights another day last week. Now I have to start ramping up my performance level to recover the conditioning that I have lost and then start making some forward yardage. I think that since the laser surgery will delay my entrance to Depot, I have that much more time to improve my fitness to that much higher levels. I want to be able to run a mile and a half in 10 minutes flat or under, I want to be able to do 5 km in under 20 minutes, and a lot of other high end performance goals - all grossly exceeding the minimums set by the RCMP and also exceeding the "Excellent" benchmarks as well.

1 Comments:

At 19/1/06 10:54, Blogger cat said...

watch you don't do too much after the eye thing! you don't want the eyes to pop out :)

 

Post a Comment